- - - Happy Hips - - -
This hip opening workshop is great for runners, athletes, and people that sit a lot! Taught in a flow style, with a focus on creating space within the pelvis, releasing muscle tension in the legs, and supporting the low back. Class is open to all levels of practice - please bring a bath towel to use for support in different postures (if blankets aren't available at studio).
- - - Open Your Heart - - -
A dynamic, powerful, magical, music filled class awaits you! Creating space along the spine, across the upper back, shoulders, and the heart center, the arc of class follows the beats of the music. Flowing from one pose to the next, participants are encouraged to truly let go into the movement of the moment, providing space for deeper exploration of their yoga practice - opening up the front side of the body and letting go of the "sitting all day on the computer" shoulder hunch! Ending with a juicy, deep, relaxing Savasana allows the benefits of the practice to truly sink in. Open to all levels.
- - - Hey There, Handstand! - - -
For those wanting to approach handstand, or build their current handstand strength. We will learn different techniques utilizing the wall, props, and partner work, along with learning some strength building exercises to practice at home. You do not need to already be able to do a handstand! This is a fun and challenging class where you will learn to trust yourself, breath, and enjoy the world upside down for a little while.
- - - Yoga for the Blues - - -
Yoga teaches us that there is a balance to all things in life. On the cold, grey days, it can be challenging to remember that! In this workshop we will get warm, feel safe, and explore restoring the balance to our daily lives. You will leave feeling grounded, and take with you some simple poses and breathing exercises that can be practiced at home to help with anxiety and depression.
- - - Finding the Flow: Breath + Body - - -
Integrating pranayama into the flow of class to take it to the next level. Have you ever wondered about the transitions in yoga class - how am I supposed to be breathing during x, y, or z pose, or what does it mean to "breathe deeply?" In this class we will explore the breath in different postures, along with discussing how the breath can enhance your experience, both on and off the yoga mat.
- - - Yoga FUNdamentals - - -
An intro to Yoga and Vinyasa Flow - We've all heard that stretching and moving the body is one of the most important things we can do for our health! Yoga combines stretching, strengthening, breathing, and relaxation techniques to help calm and balance the body and the mind. Whether you are new to yoga, or have been practicing for a while, bring your questions and curiosities to this laid back workshop where you will learn the basics of a vinyasa yoga class. Questions are encouraged!
- - - Vinyasa Tune Up - - -New to yoga? Or, have you been to class and wondered "what it the difference between cobra & updog? How do I do that push-up thing? How can I improve my downdog to make it feel comfortable and sustainable? What's with all this breathing??" If yes, this workshop is for you! Rachel will guide you through the basics of Vinyasa, with a breakdown of each pose, offering modifications and adjustments along the way tailored to YOU! This workshop is purposefully kept small so that each participant can ask questions (if they want to) about their practice. We will be focusing on the "vinyasa" section Plank/Table pose, Chaturanga/knees-chest-chin, cobra/Updog, and downdog - with lots of variations thrown in. This is a perfect class for seasoned yogi's looking to improve their practice, and absolute newbies.